Process – Goal 1 (short-term effects)
To further develop the components of an integrated approach to adolescent health within all Greenbrier County, WV middle schools (including health education, physical education and physical activity, nutrition services, health services, healthy school environments, and family and community involvement).
- School adoption of standards-based curriculum in health and PE
- Students engagement in MVPA during 50% or more of PE class time.
- Student and family access to developmentally appropriate PA opportunities.
- Implementation of medical referral system for pediatric obesity treatment and prevention.
- Pilot use of electronic health records in school-based health centers and CARDIAC Project.
- Promotion of healthy food choices during school nutrition education and lunch programming.
- Sharing of resources and facilities through enhanced community networks and partnerships.
Impact – Goal 2 (intermediate effects)
- Increased number of students meeting PA and limited screen time recommendations.
- Increase number of students meeting dietary guidelines and recommendations.
- Increase number of students achieving criterion referenced levels of health-related fitness.
Outcome – Goal 3 (long-term effects)
To build capacity and disseminate an integrated, evidence-based program for adolescent health involving school, community, and health care settings for the purpose of replication in WV.
- Packages set of staff development materials for training personnel within the county and state.
- Determined feasibility of an integrated approach for adolescent health in schools.
- Generated state-wide and national interest and awareness in project-related programming.